Chicken Noodle Soup…a staple recipe for the cold days. Well, I wanted to create something a bit healthier so I used black bean noodles instead of regular noodles. However, you could use brown rice pasta in the recipe as well.
If you’d like to spice it up, add a couple sliced jalapeno or any other kind of hot pepper.
Disclaimer: not a beautiful picture 🙁
Not Yo Mamas Chicken Soup
- 1.5 pounds chicken
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cup sliced carrots
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces black bean pasta
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray. Lay chicken breast on bottom and top with onion, carrots, and celery.
- Sprinkle spices and bay leaves on top.
- Add broth and water. Cook for 4-6 hours on low.
- Add pasta and cook for additional hour.