Super easy and delicious without all the added fat from mayo!
Keep it low carb and enjoy in a lettuce wrap with other sliced veggies, sometimes I will do a little Walden Farms Ranch dipping with sliced celery, cucumbers or sliced bell peppers. If you need some carbs, enjoy this on Gluten Free bread, toasted, for a healthier tuna sandwich… to that I add romaine leaves or spinach, tomatoes and dijon mustard.
I also like to serve this with dill pickle spears.
- 1 can (5 oz) water packed tuna, drained (or a seasoned packet of tuna, I like the lemon pepper packets)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 stalk celery, minced
- 1 finely chopped scallion - green part only (optional)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, or more to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Diced egg whites (optional)
- Pour the tuna in a small mixing bowl. Use a fork to break the tuna chunks into very small pieces.
- Add all other ingredients in bowl and season to taste 🙂 Enjoy in a lettuce wrap with sliced tomatoes or other veggies.