The Best Brownie Bites EVER
These sweet potato, avocado, protein peppermint brownie bites are AWESOME!
These are certainly a dessert I will be bringing to holiday parties to share!
- ½ cup sweet potato, cooked (~1 small sweet potato) or pumpkin puree
- 1 small avocado
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Run Everything Labs plant protein)
- 1/4 cup walden farms maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbsp. gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 2 drops peppermint essential oil - optional if you don't want the mint flavor. Make sure you use a high quality, ingestible oil - I used DoTerra
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or more if needed)
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped, optional (omit for nut free version)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line a mini-muffin tin with liners (silicon liners work great) or grease with oil.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, mixer or food processor, except for the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Blend the ingredients just until smooth. Slowly add in coconut milk and add more if necessary to get a good batter consistency that is not too thick.
- Fill each muffin well with batter. Top with mini-chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 5 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling before enjoying.
*calculated without chocolate chips & walnuts - I just topped mine with 1-2 chips.
Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or package 2-3 together and store in the freezer.