This chili is super easy to make, great for football season and is sure to be a party pleaser. I recommend making it a day or two in advance as it will continue to get better by the day!
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey (organic preferred)
- 1 can red kidney beans (all beans are optional, omit some if you want)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- 3 diced green/red peppers total (again, add more or less)
- 1 diced onion (use half if you wish)
- 3-4 jalepenos (I like it spicy!)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with peppers (I get mine from Trader Joes)
- 1 can, or 2 small cans, tomato paste
- 2 packets chili seasoning (can also make this homemade)
- Water to your consistency preference (I used about 2 cups to help soften the tomato paste)
- Cook and crumble ground turkey; drain.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook overnight/during the day on low - increase temp if you want it to cook in a shorter amount of time; however, cooking it overnight allows the flavors to really mix together well!
Option to serve with bison or chicken sausages as chili dogs.