Craving a good, hearty breakfast yet don’t want to rack up a ton of calories and fat? These are a great way to satisfy the breakfast sausage craving with a lot less damage 😉
These can easily be prepped for the week and will last 4-5 days in the fridge…if you don’t eat them all before they’re gone! I recommend paring with a veggie egg/egg white omelet, or a couple hard-boiled eggs if you’re on the go.
Also, you can pair these with protein pancakes and/or warm Walden Farms Breakfast syrup (0 cals!) for a true homestyle breakfast.
Turkey Apple Breakfast Sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 honeycrisp apple, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoons pure maple syrup (for a touch of sweetness)
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup tiger nut flour or another gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onions and and garlic and cook until garlic becomes fragrant, about 3 minutes. Add in diced apples and cook a few minutes more or until apples soften.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a large bowl, and stir in cinnamon.
- Add in ground turkey, maple syrup, egg whites, oat flour, and salt and pepper; mix well.
- Divide into 16 patties and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.