This is one of my favorites on the weekends. A healthier ‘skillet’ with less oil than would be poured in the restaurants. Make sure you have olive oil or coconut oil spray on hand to spray your skillet so the potatoes don’t stick.
Serve with a slice of gluten free toast 🙂
If you’re doing the anti inflammatory you would just omit the eggs. You can use the chicken sausage, ground turkey/beef, bacon, or diced chicken. Pictured right —>
Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium-large sweet potato cubed or shredded like hash browns
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion diced
- 6 egg whites scrambled
- 1 breakfast sausage link, diced (I use all natural chicken sausages without gluten or nitrates)
- Other veggies of choice: tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, broccoli, bell peppers, green onion, etc.
- Heat oil in non-stick skillet, add sweet potato and cook until tender. Add other veggies and stir to mix in... if you need too add a tiny amount of water and cover to steam without adding extra oil so that the potatoes don't stick.
- In a separate pan, cook your egg whites and when those are done add diced chicken sausage and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Cut sweet potato/veggie mix in half and place in bowl or plate. Add egg whites and chicken sausage. Serve warm. Option to add hot sauce or avocado slices.