This is a great recipe for an ‘a la minute’ mid week dinner… meaning I would prepare all ingredients with food
prep and store uncooked. When you are ready, simply cook rice and veggies in the skillet and add your proteins and seasonings.
If you want to save on dishes, cook the egg first and then start recipe, this will only require ‘one pan’ then 😉
Unfortunately, Aldi stopped carrying the cauliflower ‘snow’ so unless you can find this in other stores, you have to use a food processor to rice the cauliflower and drain excess water. A cheese cloth will works best to remove water from the cauliflower. This is a very important step, otherwise you may end up with cauliflower mush.
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2-1 cauliflower head, riced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced broccoli
- 15-20 snap peas
- 2-3 green onion
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 pound shrimp, steak or chicken
- 1/8-1/4 cup coconut aminos, more or less to taste (linked below)
- Optional: peppers, mushrooms, pineapple, water chestnuts
- Optional spices: turmeric, cayenne, curry, dijon mustard (add with Aminos)
- Add coconut oil and garlic to large skillet and cook 1-2 minutes
- Add cauliflower rice and veggies of choice and cook until veggies are tender
- In separate pan, cook eggs solid (break yolk) and then dice up and add to skillet -OR- if you want the yolk runny, you could make the egg over easy and then add to top of stir fry just before serving
- Add cooked protein to skillet and season with Coconut Aminos and other seasonings of choice
- Serve with chopped green onions and Sriracha
Below is a link to the Coconut Aminos, I have also found this at Whole Foods, Marianos, and Fruitful Yield. This is a 3 pack with option for garlic or teriyaki!