If you know me, you know I’m a big Costco shopper – and thus, with only 2 of us in the house – I have to make multiple recipes because the bags are larger from Costco 🙂
So, this week it was this fall shredded brussels sprout salad and Brussels Au Gratin!
Last night I paired this delicious salad with a Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado 😉 Pure FUEL
Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad
- 12 oz Brussels Sprouts, sliced thin
- 8 oz chopped Kale
- 2 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, pan roasted
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 jumbo shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (Walden Farms 0 cal)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (more to taste)
- Salt and Pepper
Optional - add 1/4 cup dried cranberries, diced apple or diced pear for a bit of sweetness
- Thinly shred brussels while holding onto the core.
- Add shreds to large bowl with kale, chopped bacon, roasted pecans, and red onion.
- Spray pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium-heat. Add the shallots and fry until light golden brown, 1-2 minutes.
- In separate bowl, add ingredients for Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette together in a jar then shake to combine.
The cool thing about this recipe is you can serve it cold or warm! We only ate half of the salad the first day, so two days later I just put it in a skillet and roasted it and it was wonderful! I didn't use all of the dressing so you can half the ingredients if you use light dressing like me 🙂