These are ah-mazinngggg …buckeyes are one of my favorites! My good friend Lacy always made these around the holidays, and every once in a while I get the ‘buckeye itch’ …so I figured out a way to satisfy the craving… in a healthier way 😉
Recipe makes 18-20 balls.
Each ball is 96 cals, 7g fat, 5g carb, and 5g protein.
- 1/2 cup almonds, whole
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup protein infused almond butter (I used Ds Naturals, any nut butter will work)
- 1/2 cup Walden Farms maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non-diary chocolate chips (optional)
- Line a tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process the almonds until they are a fine crumb.
- Add the chickpeas and process until they are fully broken down.
- Next, add the nut butter, syrup, and vanilla and process until you have a smooth mixture.
- Remove the blade from the processor and stir in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on your tray.
- Continue until you use all the mixture; you should have 20 balls.
- Freeze for at least 20 minutes before serving.