This is a quick and easy breakfast option that is great for post workout! I enjoy this with a bit of added protein infused Almond Butter instead of almonds. My favorite is made by D’s Naturals as it is made with a plant based protein. You could also use a bit of protein powder, but only add a tiny bit at a time to see how the texture is.
Blueberry Quinoa Breakfast
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla bean, seeded
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, cinnamon and vanilla bean seeds.
- Divide the quinoa evenly into 4 bowls.
- Serve immediately with milk mixture, topped with blueberries, almonds and a drizzle of honey.