A light, vegetarian alternative to a traditional Mexican taco. These can be spicy so change the peppers and salsa to your liking! Option to top with a vegan sour cream or shredded cheese 🙂
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoons stevia in the raw
- 1/2 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 taco shells, warmed
- 1/2 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- optional: cilantro and lime
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; saute cabbage, pepper and onion until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with stevia.
- Stir in beans, salsa, chilies, garlic, chili powder and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until flavors are blended, about 5 minutes.
- Serve in taco shells. Top with avocado, cilantro and lime. Yield: 2 servings.