Shredded Chicken… used to seem like a lot of work… but in reality it is SO EASY!
This is nothing fancy, but it is super easy and versatile, here are a few ideas of how to use shredded chicken:
- Shredded Chicken Tacos
- Skinny Chicken Enchiladas
- Pulled BBQ chicken (I use G Hughes Sugar Free BBQ)
- Chicken Avocado Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Nachos with shredded chicken
- BLT Chicken Wraps
- Stuffed Avocado with Buffalo Shredded Chicken (I used Franks Red Hot Sauce and Walden Farms Ranch)
- Chicken Stir Fry
Literally you can make shredded chicken in your crock pot or InstaPot in 3 easy steps…
- Drop the chicken into the pot and add 1/2 cup water or chicken broth. If you want to make Chicken Fajitas, you can add in your veggies and seasoning at this step.
- Set your InstaPot (mine is a similar brand) on poultry or slow cook in your crockpot on high 2-4 hours or slow cook 4-6 hours – depends on how many chicken breasts you are cooking. It is important to ensure the chicken is fully cooked.
- Simply shred and top with seasonings or sauce of choice.